Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Let me tell you about my day! I have done years of research really and I have decided to go with the Nikon d300. I can get a great price on it at zwee.com, (check it out great prices!) but it is the body only. I have decided to go with the d300 because it is semi pro and it supposed to be one the the best for action shots.... and for people who know my family my nieces and nephews are very active. I have been frustrated with the shutter lag of many point an shoot cameras and I figure if I am going to invest in an dslr, I am going to make it count. So todays adventsures are centered around finding the right lens to go with the new camera. (I technically haven't purchased it yet.) I went to Wasatch photography on 3900 south and 392 east. The gentle man there was AWESOME! I am good at framing and designing pictures the technical stuff like f stops and iso and shutter speed is gibberish. He did am excellent job explaining it to me so that I would undersand I don't have to get a 2.sothing and can get the 5 something for cheaper without sacrificing quailty of the picture. He had an off brand zoom lens 18-250 for $525 and that was the best price and customer service I found. I also went o forsters on 40w 29 something something south. They buy and sell used cameras and camera parts and didn't have any digital nikon parts or camera, so it was a short visit. I them went to Inkley and the gentle man there was nice and all but he was trying to sell me a $2399.99 lens! I am sure it is fantastic but... I am not loaded with money! I also found out I like the hx cybershot camera, of course not the ones for the cheaper prices. Then I went o pictureline, 700 south 300 west. The lady there with red hair was excellent also. She is a Cannon photographer and has been a professional photographer for 5 years. Tons of great advice and informative, she printed out a list of things we talked about. I liked how to could rent lenses and camera bodies from them so test it out before you made the purchase. I think the reason I liked the Wasatch dude the best is that he took me where I was, taught me, accepted me and then tried to make sure I would know what I was doing. I called to tell him he was the best and suguested to be aware if the Zwee company sell the camera and battery and charger with the camera so that I don't have to buy those also... Mr Wasatch Photography thank you!

No comments: